Sir Alex Ferguson claims that Chelsea are liars in Mark Clattenburg racial abuse case

Sir Alex Ferguson claims that Chelsea are liars in Mark Clattenburg racial abuse case


Sir Alex Ferguson has chimed in on the whole Clattenburg racism debacle by claiming in Victor Meldrew style "I do not believe it" and in effect saying Chelsea have made the whole thing up.

For Manchester United's press conference before the Arsenal match he was asked about the issue and gave this response:

"I don't believe Mark Clattenburg would make any comments like that. I refuse to believe it.






"I think it's unthinkable in the modern climate. I just don't believe it. It's as simple as that. There's no way a referee would do that or stoop to that, I'm convinced about that.

"I think that the modern game that we see today, as opposed to 25 years ago, has completely changed.

"I played myself and I know that the banter that went on between referees and players 25 years ago is completely different from today.

"I've never had a player ever come to me in the last 15 years to say that a referee ever swore in a game, ever."




If you like this blog please click below. Thanks.
Top Blogs